Backyard Discovery Blog
Industrial Designer (Pittsburg, KS)
Backyard Discovery in Pittsburg KS has an immediate need for an Industrial Designer. The Industrial Designer supports new product development through the creation of Product Concepts. Concepts are communicated in the form of sketches, renderings, prototypes, 3D CAD models, CAD Shaded images, and CAD animation.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. NO TELECOMMUTING. STRICTLY FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT.
- Create new product concept sketches.
- Develop product concept renderings and CAD shaded images.
- Create 3D CAD product animation.
- Create and Evaluate product concepts through prototype development.
- Evaluate and optimize product concepts with consideration to Form, Function, and Cost. (Ex., Style, fit, function, interference, ASTM standards, and structural integrity).
- Develop 3D CAD models of product concepts using state-of-the-art computer aided design tools (Inventor Software).
- Create product design control drawings with critical product dimensions.
- Insure manufacturability and ease of assemble is designed into product.
- Aid in the development of consumer assembly instructions for finalized products.
- Assist in the creation of finalized product concepts and prototypes. – Limited Basis.
- Maintain departmental operating standards, procedures, and system integrity on assigned CAD workstation and related software.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- B. A. Degree in Industrial Design.
- Desire to work with Computer Aided Design Product Modeling.
- Enjoy working in a team environment, interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Product Design as it relates to Consumer Value.
- Inventor, Pro E, or other 3D CAD system experience.
- Ability to visualize 2 dimensional images in 3 dimensions.
- Experience in working with wood, plastics, metal, and other materials while designing stylish innovative consumer products for children and adults.
- Strong self-management organizational skills
- Effective Listening Skills
- Teamwork Orientation; Work is done in conjunction with others (Designers, R&D Technicians, Product Engineers, Department Managers, and Director of Product Development).
- Ability to interpret design concepts to insure Manufacturability, Fit/Function, Safety, Structural Integrity, Quality, and Ease of Assembly. Must possess outstanding skill set in sketching, rendering, concept presentation, and Computer Aided Design.
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including Health, Life, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid vacation and paid holidays. Salary is based on education, qualifications, and experience.
If you feel you have the qualities that are valued, and encompass the skills that are needed, then you are encouraged to join the Backyard Discovery TEAM. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com , or fax to 620-308-6580.