By entering this giveaway, you are providing this information to Backyard Discovery.
Must be 18+ to enter. Five (5) winners will be randomly selected and contacted via email to arrange shipment. Winners will receive a One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.00) gift card. Entries are open only to residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and District of Columbia on Monday, March 20, 2023 from 12:00 AM CST through 11:59 PM CST on Monday, April 3, 2023. Backyard Discovery is not responsible for technical errors.
Sweepstakes Official Rules & Regulations
- NO PURCHASE, OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: The Review and Post Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, or the age or majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside, whichever is older, at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, or of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”), or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” include a participant’s spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- Official Rules: These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) for the Sweepstakes. By entering any of the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that they can be contacted by email regarding the Sweepstakes, and to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes, which shall be final and binding on entrants.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes is a multiple day sweepstakes in which five (5) eligible entrants will be awarded one (1) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.00) Visas gift card (as described in more detail in Section 7 below). Sweepstakes will commence at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on March 20, 2023 and end at 11:59 p.m. CST on April 3, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries received during the Sweepstakes Period are eligible for the random drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion with or without cause. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
- How to enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entrants will visit Sponsor’s Website (Backyarddiscovery.com) and post a product review with a photo and must reflect your own findings, beliefs, experiences and/or opinions regarding the product. Entrants will automatically receive one Entry into the Sweepstakes by this method of Entry.
- Determination of the winner: Five (5) grand prize winners will be randomly selected from those eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Provisional Winners will be selected on or about one (1) day after the end of the Sweepstakes Period (the “Drawing Date”). The Provisional Winners will be notified by Facebook or Email and will need to provide a telephone number in order to be contacted to confirm they are the winner. If the Provisional Winners do not respond within fourteen (14) days of the date appearing on the prize notification, or fails to comply with the instructions contained in the prize notification within that time period, Sponsor reserves the right to randomly choose an alternate winner from the pool of remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Provisional Winner that Sponsor successfully contacts in person by telephone or by email and who claims the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the final Winner. The Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of any prize, Winner’s affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. The Winner may be required to provide evidence of identity in connection with claiming the prize.
- Prize: There will be five (5) grand prize awarded consisting of one (1) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.00) Visa gift card. The approximate retail value of the Visa gift card is One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) each or Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) in aggregate. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/HOUSEHOLD. The odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of eligible entries entered into the random draw pool for the Sweepstakes Period. The prize will be shipped at no cost to Winners to the address provided by Winner when Winners claims the Grand Prize. Expect 1 to 2 weeks for delivery. No substitution of prize, including cash substitutions, will be permitted, except that Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of greater or equal value if the stated prize is not available. Prizes are not transferable.
- Taxes: Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. If required by law, Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 to the Winner for the approximate retail value of the prize. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize(s), are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Arrangements for delivery of prize(s) will be made after winner validation.
- Permissions/Release: By accepting the prize, the Winners agree that Sponsor may use Winners’ name, photo, and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website, social media and other digital marketing platforms, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering, each entrant agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize(s); travel to and from any prize-related activity; participation in the Sweepstakes; printing, typographical, mailing or distribution errors; or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof; or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, stolen, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from entering or participating in this Sweepstakes. Winners acknowledges that Sponsor does not make any warranties, express or implied, relating to the prize itself and that Sponsor expressly disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or use.
- Affidavit: Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release (where permitted by law), and a liability release which must be signed and returned within fourteen (14) days of the date on the prize notification or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Additional Entrant Obligations: Each entrant agrees that he/she shall not upload, post or transmit any materials to the Sponsor website which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Disqualification: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes, who commits any fraud in relation to the Sweepstakes, or who violates these Official Rules. Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification of such entrant. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States and State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than in the State of Kansas.
- Limitation of Liability: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY US DOLLARS ($50.00 USD), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE ALL DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be available for a period starting thirty (30) days after the Drawing Date until ninety (90) days after the Drawing Date. You can obtain the winner selection by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Backyard Discovery, Attn: Review and Post Sweepstakes, PO BOX 604, Pittsburg, KS 66762. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
- The Sponsor: Backyard Discovery 3305 Airport Drive, Pittsburg, KS 66762.