The Systems Engineer will administer the implementation, organization, and troubleshooting of the infrastructure hardware, and underlying communications protocols. Delivery of excellent customer service is required.
- Monitors the network, ensuring optimal function and minimal downtime.
- Ensures networks are protected from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data by developing and monitoring security procedures
- VMWare Environment monitor/configuration
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols, LAN networking, and WAN networking.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment independently as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Customer Service mentality will be required.
- Participate in after hours support
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related equivalent experience is acceptable.
- At least three years of experience with LAN and WAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems, topologies, and protocols, required.
- MCSE, CCNA, and/or similar certifications highly preferred.
- MS Windows Server 2012 and higher
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds at times.